in

Love ItLove It WINWIN

Our forests are full of mushrooms

I used yesterday’s beautiful day to walk into the forest. Our forests are full of mushrooms, both edible and toxic and life-threatening. However, because I am a bad connoisseur of mushrooms, I did not collect them but made some pictures. I only know the yolks and the foxes, but unfortunately I didn’t find them, so I didn’t collect anything either.

  • But you know edible mushrooms?

    • Yes
    • No
  • Do you collect mushrooms?

    • Yes
    • No

What do you think?

34 points
Legend

Written by lado

Wordsmith BuddySmarty PantsLoyal BuddyUp/Down VoterBookwormYears Of MembershipContent Author

75 Comments

Leave a Reply
  1. I know a few ways to tell if a mushroom is poisonous, but it’s always better to bring the foraged food to centers that can identify the species and tell if they’re edible. Also, they have to be collected in a place that is not polluted as they absorb all toxins and become unhealthy despite being the edible type. Forests are usually safe but a lot of attention must be paid anyway.

    • Thanks for viewing and a friendly comment, dear friend…i don’t know them best so i prefer not to collect them … i prefer to just paint them … it’s safer haha if i want them i prefer to buy them safer

  2. Thanks for viewing and a friendly comment, dear friend….I don’t collect them because I don’t know them … but I like to eat them and I prefer to buy them or they are given to me by good neighbors … I prefer to just paint them in the woods
     

      • I should write about that. The answer is that the morel growing kits are next to worthless. Morels are exceptionally difficult to grow and it takes about 3 years for them to bear the fruiting body if they ever do. There are a lot of mushroom cultures that are far easier to grow and most don’t take nearly as long. You can even make your own culture.

        • I now know, and thank you. They don’t grow here that I know of. I think I caught this after you did write about the kits. I saw the post when I was on my way out yesterday. I will have to go find it for sure. My son and his wife have tried a few of the kits, but none have worked.

  3. I know one type only and it is what we pick up at the supermarket, but in the past I used to collect the same type of mushrooms in Cornwall park near by in the morning.
    The authorities put poison in the ground to kill the mushrooms and they are no more.

    • Thanks for viewing and a friendly comment, dear friend….I don’t collect them because I don’t know them … but I like to eat them and I prefer to buy them or they are given to me by good neighbors … I prefer to just paint them in the woods

Leave a Reply