Day four of my Top Ten Healthiest Foods in the World series.
In case you missed other posts you can find them here:
Now for the # 7 healthiest food in the world. As you can see from the photo, it is Spinach.
I will also list the reasons they are healthy. Something to think about when you decide what you should be eating.
Spinach is a high nutrient edible flowering plant that has many health benefits. It is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, K, B2, iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium. The consumption of spinach is great for your skin, bone health and the hair.
Health benefits of spinach
- The effective antioxidants present in spinach such as lutein and zeaxanthin are great for healthy eyes. They can also prevent against numerous age related eye problems. The antioxidant beta carotene in spinach can also fight against cancer.
- The beta-carotene in spinach can prevent asthma.
- Daily intake of spinach can improve muscle efficiency.
- The spinach is a great food to manage diabetes. It can regulate the glucose and insulin level in your blood.
- It is a great food for people with high blood pressure. Because high potassium content in spinach can lower the blood pressure.
- The Vitamin K content in spinach improves your bone health.
- The high fiber content in spinach can promote the digestive system.
*Always remember everything in life is about moderation. Too much of anything is not good.
Wishing you all a great Friday and weekend, agreed?