Continuing with my Top Ten Healthiest Foods in the World Series.
In case you missed other posts you can find them here:
Now for the # 3 healthiest food in the world. As you can see from the photo, it is Avocado.
Avocado or alligator pear is a healthy fruit that has been cultivated since 8000 B.C in South America. Today this fruit cultivate in large quantity in Mexico, Chile, Dominican Republic and United States. The avocados are rich in many essential minerals and vitamins including Vitamin A, D, C, B-6, B-12, Magnesium, Calcium and Iron.
Health benefits of avocado
- The dietary fiber content in avocado can reduce the risk of obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- The high level of poly-unsaturated fats in avocados can cutdown the blood cholesterol level.
- Avocado contains one of most essential omega 3 fatty acid known as alpha-lenolinic acid. It reduces the risk of pneumonia, hypertension, heart diseases and regulate blood pressure.
- The high level of monounsaturated fats in avocados can regulate the sugar level in your blood.
- Avocados are a rich source of powerful antioxidants known as carotenoid lutein. It helps to reduce the risk of two main eye problems –macular degeneration and cataracts.
- The high level of folic acid in avocado can prevent against birth defects.
Is Avocado on your list of favorite and healthy foods?