Continuing with my Top Ten Healthiest Foods in the World Series.
In case you missed other posts you can find them here:
Now for the # 2 healthiest food in the world. As you can see from the photo, it is Apple.
The crispy and juicy apples are one of the healthiest foods in the world. Undoubtedly apple is a nutritional powerhouse, because it is rich in dietary fiber, phytonutrients, thiamin, riboflavin and vitamin B-6. Apples are also low in calories and have many health benefits.
Health benefits of apple
- The regular intake of apple juice can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and keep the brain young and active. Because apple contains high level of neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine.
- The high level of fiber content in apples can protect against Parkinson’s disease.
- The daily intake of apple provide cardiovascular benefits. It is because of the high level of fibers and polyphenols present in apples.
- The presence of soluble fiber in apples can regulate the level of cholesterol in your blood. In that way apples help to prevent against numerous heart diseases.
- The antioxidant properties of apple can improve your immune system, prevent cataracts, and lower the risk of asthma, cancer and stroke.
- Apples are low in calories. Add apples to your daily diet for better weight management.
- The apple cider vinegar can prevent against kidney stones.
Only one more food. Do you think you know the #1 healthiest food in the world?