Continuing with my Top Ten Healthiest Foods in the World Series.
In case you missed other posts you can find them here:
Now for the # 2 healthiest food in the world. As you can see from the photo, it is Apple.
The crispy and juicy apples are one of the healthiest foods in the world. Undoubtedly apple is a nutritional powerhouse, because it is rich in dietary fiber, phytonutrients, thiamin, riboflavin and vitamin B-6. Apples are also low in calories and have many health benefits.
Health benefits of apple
- The regular intake of apple juice can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and keep the brain young and active. Because apple contains high level of neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine.
- The high level of fiber content in apples can protect against Parkinson’s disease.
- The daily intake of apple provide cardiovascular benefits. It is because of the high level of fibers and polyphenols present in apples.
- The presence of soluble fiber in apples can regulate the level of cholesterol in your blood. In that way apples help to prevent against numerous heart diseases.
- The antioxidant properties of apple can improve your immune system, prevent cataracts, and lower the risk of asthma, cancer and stroke.
- Apples are low in calories. Add apples to your daily diet for better weight management.
- The apple cider vinegar can prevent against kidney stones.
Only one more food. Do you think you know the #1 healthiest food in the world?
29 CommentsLeave a Reply
I don’t like to eat fruits I have limited ones to eat.
I like a lot of fruits. Thanks for the comment.
I think I eat all of these – probably too much fo some.
I eat one a day and oranges as well.
Thanks for the great information and may your day be full of hope and kindness.
And the same to you my friend. 🙂
I think it has to be berries!!!
Yes! I knew apple would rank high!!!
Good to see you and thanks for guessing. Take care. 😉
You take care too! 😀
Thanks, I am mostly staying at home.
i am going to guess the number one most healthy food in the world is deep-fried doughnuts covered in icing!!!!
How did you know! Wrong again.
how can that be wrong! 🙂 well my next guess is Bacon!!!!!
That is number one on my list.. on most days.
well if that isn’t the right answer I am going to take my ball and go home! 🙂
I love apples but cannot always get them so as soon as someone pays me I am supposed to get paid from two places online every two weeks and I can hardly stand the wait. Then I will order my favorite apple fruit pies the little Hostess so I have ready snacks all the time
Too bad you cannot get fresh apples.
Jaylar, That peanut butter sounds very good. I would love to try flavored one day.
Apples are really great and very healthy. Apples are on my daily menu.
Yes they are healthy and I love eating them too.
I often have an apple & cheese for lunch
I do too and it is delicious and healthy.
I thought I was alone in this world.
Not at all, that is a great snack. I also add peanut butter sometimes.
We have started to produce our own peanut butter… and we have a chocolate peanut butter made with local ingredients that is so delicious
Great information! I love apples very much.
Thanks, I like the red delicious, the sweeter ones.
My favorite are the sweet yellow ones, but as long as they are sweet, I like them all.
Those are good as well.