Day three of my Top Ten Healthiest Foods in the World Series.
In case you missed other posts you can find them here:
Now for the # 8 healthiest food in the world. As you can see from the photo, it is Sweet Potato.
I will also list the reasons they are healthy. Something to think about when you decide what you should be eating.
8. SWEET POTATO
Health benefits of sweet potato
- The high dietary fiber contents in sweet potatoes help to boost the digestion process.
- The antioxidant compounds in sweet potatoes protect against cancer and good for healthy eyes.
- The presence of Vitamin A and Vitamin E nutrients are great for a healthy immune system.
- The Vitamin 8-6 nutrient in sweet potatoes can reduce homocysteine chemical that causes many heart problems. It is also good for lowering the blood pressure and regulate the heartbeat.
- The iron minerals in sweet potatoes boost the formation of white blood cells and for a healthy immune system.
- Sweet potatoes can also regulate the sugar and insulin levels in your blood.
My dear grandmother had sweet potatoes in her garden and almost every day she had them baking in her oven. Good memories. She lived to be 86. Whatever she ate, I try to do the same.
*Always remember everything in life is about moderation. Too much of anything is not good.
Have a suggestion for a new and fun series anyone?