Day three of my Top Ten Healthiest Foods in the World Series.
In case you missed other posts you can find them here:
Now for the # 6 healthiest food in the world. As you can see from the photo, it is Garlic.
I will also list the reasons they are healthy. Something to think about when you decide what you should be eating.
Garlic has been used as a natural medicine for many centuries. It is a common ingredient that used as a flavor for food around the world. Garlic is rich in nutrient and has low calories. It can fight against many diseases and conditions.
Health benefits of garlic
- The garlic has great anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties by the presence of an organosulphur compound known as ‘Allicin’. This compound can also reduce blood pressure.
- The daily intake of garlic can reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Garlic can cut down the level of harmful LDL cholesterol. It reduces the risk of heart attack.
- High doses of garlic can increase the antioxidant enzymes in your body. It can prevent against brain diseases and stress.
- The ‘ajoene’ chemical found in garlic can break down blood clots. It can also relieve skin infections.
- It can also regulate the sugar and insulin level in your blood.
We have to keep trying no matter the situation, right?