Continuing with a new series of the strangest facts about each one of the United States.
I will continue with these six Delaware & Florida state facts.
1. Delaware: The state bird is a blue chicken.
2. Delaware: According to legend, Thomas Jefferson called Delaware a “jewel” among states because of its strategic location along the East Coast.
3. Delaware: The state has a higher percentage of Ph.D. holders, including scientists and engineers, than any other state in the country.
4. Florida: Everyone thinks of sunshine and sand when they think of the Citrus State, and for good reason: No matter where you are in the state, you’re always within 60 miles of a beach.
5. Florida: Gatorade was named after the University of Florida’s football team the Gators, where the drink was first developed.
6. Florida: It is estimated that there is over 2 TRILLION DOLLARS worth of lost treasure within 60 miles of the coast of Florida.
Did you know any of these facts about these two states?