Every country and every language has its own wise sayings. Some of the proverbs are strange, others funny and still others which are thought-provoking. Whatever the seriousness or funny side of proverbs, one thing for sure is that they contain meanings which are beneficial to our lives.
If you have never come across African Proverbs, the following are some of the funniest, strange and thought-provoking African wise sayings.
- At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
- The anger of penis cannot destroy vagina.
- There is no virgin in a maternity ward.
- No matter how angry you are, it can never boil yams in a pot.
- If you offend, ask for pardon; if offended, forgive.
- Love is like a baby; it needs to be treated tenderly.
- A close friend can become an enemy.
- Do not look where you fell but where you slipped.
- Anger and madness are brothers.
- Do not respond to a mosquito with a hammer because you will miss and hurt yourself.
- He who does not know one thing knows another.
- You are beautiful, but learn to work, for you cannot eat your beauty.
- A man who hangs on a beautiful girl without saying a word ends up fetching water on her wedding.
- It requires a lot of carefulness to kill the fly that perches on the scrotum.
- The day a mosquito lands on your testicles is the day you’ll know there is a better way of resolving issues without using violence.
- If you go to sleep with itching anus, then be prepared to wake up with smelly fingers.
- The last urine drop will forever fall on one’s feet no matter how far they urinate.
- An old woman dislikes dry bones mentioned in a proverb.
- A man with diarrhoea will not require anyone to give them direction to the door.
- He that beats the drum for the dead man to dance is no better than the mad man himself.
- He who thinks he is leading and has no one following him is only taking a walk.
- However much the buttocks are in a hurry, they will always remain behind.
- Don’t mistake a short man for a boy.
- A child can play with with its mother’s breasts, but not its father’s testicles.
Share on the comment below which of these African Proverbs tickled you
Will you share any funny proverb you know?
Do you like Proverbs?