If you know me then you know how I love my vegetables, so how do I keep from getting bored? I spice them up! For instance my Sugar Snap Peas with Mushrooms has a spicy kick that you will love! There is nothing in this world like giving your taste buds a kick in the buds 🙂
To Make Sugar Snap Peas with Mushrooms you will need:
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of white button mushrooms or baby Bella mushrooms
- 3 cups of sugar snap peas , cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups of green onions with stems
- 4 cloves of garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, I use low sodium
- Crushed red pepper
Let`s Cook! In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the sugar snap peas, mushrooms and onions to the hot oil and cook, stir constantly until the sugar snap peas are tender and the mushrooms have released their flavor. Around four minutes.
Add garlic and cook 1/2 minute.
Add soy sauce and cook another three minutes.
Serve plain as a side dish or over rice as a meal. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper before serving.
By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry