- Purple dye was difficult to obtain and expensive to produce, so the color became the royal color in many parts of the world and is traditionally associated with royalty and power. That’s probably also why this color is one of the rarest flag colors on national flags.
- Purple is the hardest color for the eye to distinguish.
- Purple is the color for epilepsy awareness because of it’s association with lavender, which is a traditional herbal treatment for the disease. The 26th March is Purple day, a time to get people talking about epilepsy, raise awareness of the condition and raise vital funds.
- Forbidden City in Beijing, China is actually called “The Purple Forbidden City”, which is a reference to a secret purple area in heaven, thought to be centered somewhere near the North Star.
- Porphyrophobia is fear of the color purple.
Did you know any of these facts?
1. Most of them
2. Some of them