Continuing with my series of the strangest facts about each one of the United States.
1. Elvis Presley’s (the “King of Rock and Roll”) house, Graceland, Tennessee is the second most visited house museum in the U.S. after the White House. The house museum sees over 600,000 visitors a year.
2. The 33-story AT&T building, known around the world as the Batman Building, is the tallest skyscraper in Tennessee.
3. Jack Daniel’s made his fortune in Lynchburg. He died after kicking a safe and allowing the wound to get infected.
1. Tornadoes can happen in Texas any month of the year. In fact, Texas has an average of 132 tornadoes per year. That’s one tornado roughly every three days.
2. There’s one Texas ranch that’s bigger than the entire state of Rhode Island. The King Ranch in South Texas covers 1,289 square miles.
3. The U.S. has three power grids: One for the East, one for the West, and one for Texas.
1. The town of Levan (which is “navel” spelled backwards) is located in the middle of the Utah. (Thanks Doc!)
2. The largest raptor to be unearthed in the world was in Utah. The 23 foot long predatory dinosaur was named Utahraptor.
3. The Kentucky Fried Chicken was first sold in Utah, and not in Kentucky.
Did you learn something about these states?
20 CommentsLeave a Reply
He died after kicking a safe and allowing the wound to get infected. WHAT!?
erm … what a way to die!!
I’m learning more and more facts about the US. Thank you
You are welcome, I am also learning about my country.
Yes, we learn a lot. I drink Jack Daniels with Coca-cola in Spain. I love this American drink!!!!
This drink is made not far from where I live. I have visited the distillery often.
This is great. I would love to visit the distillery as well
i learned two facts, I didn’t know the AT&T building was the tallest in Tennessee.
Texas has 132 average tornados a year. I knew they had a lot, but that is way more than I thought.
Love the series.
Thanks for the callout!
We all call it the Batman Building, a very cool design. And it closed today due to the virus. Everything is bigger in Texas.
i love Texas BBQ! but yes everything is bigger
Very interesting facts, dear Carol … i have great pleasure to see these posts …. much new and interesting
I am so glad you are enjoying, I am learning too my friend.
Very interesting facts, Caril. I have some silly law facts coming up but about different states. Something I wrote up but never posted.
Thanks, this is a fun series. Almost done. Rex used to write about the silly laws.
Very interesting facts. I was surprised by the fact about the tornadoes.
Maybe because part of Texas is so close to the ocean and it is a very large state.
This is a very good series. Thanks for posting.
Thank you very much. One more to go.
Ok, good. Wating to see that o e.
Very interesting facts once again! I love learning new things.
Good, I almost done with the US and I have learned a lot.