These are the answers to part one of Fun Brain Teasers to Make You Think. Don’t cheat by reading these first. If you do, it would indicate that you think emotionally all the time and have difficulty thinking logically at all.
Do the questions first. This is a really fun exercise!
Here are the answers:
1. How far into the woods can a dog run?
It can run halfway into the woods. After that, it is running out of the woods rather than into it.
2. Our calendar is divided into 12 months. Some of those months have 31 days and some have 30. How many months have 28 days?
Twelve. The months that have 30 or 31 days obviously have at least 28 days. That means that there is a 28th of January, February, March, and so forth.
3. What was the name of the president of the United States in 1988?
Donald J. Trump. The president’s name didn’t change and was the same in 1988 as it is today. (The question didn’t ask who was serving as president in 1988, it asked what the president’s name was in 1988.)
4. How many birthdays does the average American man have?
One. Everyone has only one day of birth or birthday. However, they can celebrate that day of birth many times in their lifetime.
5. Farmer Jones had 15 chickens. All but six of them died. How many chickens did he have left?
He had six left. If you missed this one, reread the question carefully.
6. If your doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half-hour, how long would the pills last?
One hour. If you take one now and another a half-hour from now, and the third pill a half-hour later, you’d be taking the third pill an hour from the first.
7. Why can’t a man in Montana marry his widow’s sister?
Because the man would have to be dead in order to have a widow. Dead people can’t marry anyone.
8. True or false: Water boils at 150 degrees, Celcius.
True. Water boils at 100 C. However, it also boils at 150 C, or any temperature hotter than 100 C.
9. Why is it against the law for a Republican, living in Montana, to be buried in any of the Northeastern states in the US?
It isn’t legal to bury a living person.
10. Do they have a Fourth of July in England?
Absolutely. They use the same calendar that we use. They don’t celebrate it, but they do have a fourth of July.
11. A race car driver is in a bad accident and must be operated on. They are rushed to the hospital, where only one surgeon is on duty, the race car driver’s father. It is against the law for a father at that hospital to operate on his son. Yet the surgeon legally operates on the race car driver. How is this possible?
It is illegal for him to operate on his son, so the race car driver must be his daughter.
12. You are led into a bathroom that has a bathtub full of water. You are given a tablespoon, a cup, and a bucket and are told to get the water out of the tub the easiest, fastest, and the most efficient way you can. What would you do?
Since the question asks what you would do, there is no incorrect answer. However, the easiest, fastest, and the most efficient way for you to get the water out of the tub would probably be to pull the plug or open the drain.