I decided to post this video because I agree with her top 10 trends for 2017. I have also noticed these trends somewhere, whether in fashion magazines, malls, and/or fashion videos. So, I decided to list her top 10 trends, but add my own commentary or view on each, which is based on my own personal fashion style.
- Gingham print—I think this is a classic print, but I have two bathing suits with gingham prints that I bought back in 1995 from a Washington J. Crew outlet, near Seattle
- Tinted lens sunglasses and I have noticed rose and purple in magazines. But mentions yellow is popular, as well. (Yeah, I have seen these colored sunglasses lens in California Style Magazine).
- Dress over the pants outfit, in which I think is the bohemian outfit, and I have been wearing this style since I was 6 in 1971. But, nowadays, I like wearing dresses over leggings.
- Popular colors include pink, red, and yellow. I agree because I have seen these colors everywhere, mostly in fashion magazines and fashion runway videos, for the past couple of months since spring. I actually think these three colors would really look good together as a color-block outfit, which can be very fun, modern, and retro.
- The pink bimbo look, promoting Playboy and Victoria’s Secret style, which she describes as “The Paris Hilton look, which is the same thing because Paris is a stupid bimbo. She adds that Brand Name clothing will be popular again, as many people will be wearing and promoting certain popular brands as the new trendy style. I think these styles also look very 80s because I notice lots of tube tops, which I haven’t much since the 80s and 90s.
- A classic white button-up shirt is worn in many different ways, which is a must-have in everyone’s wardrobe.
- Patent Vinyl look—I have always liked patent accessories, such as shoes and purses.But she also talks about patent vinyl clothes.
- Mules—I have always liked mules and clogs, and I consider them classic shoes. I have been wearing them since the 80s and 90s.
- Ruffles—but big and bold on dresses, shirts, and pants, whether tiered and singles. I have noticed ruffles everywhere during spring and summer. They look fun and flirty, but sometimes they appear too youthful and childish on an adult woman. But, I think, if worn properly, it can make an older woman, who wants to look younger than her age, look young again, without looking silly or trying to look young.
- Cowboy hats—seem to be the trendy hat for 2017. I haven’t really heard about that one, but I do have a cowboy hat I got from someone who didn’t want hers anymore. I never really liked cowboy hats, but hers looked good quality, and I thought I would wear it as a trendy piece if it becomes stylish in the future to update my wardrobe.
7 CommentsLeave a Reply
Good advice! The white button down shirt is a classic staple, you can wear it with anything even gingham! Thank you
I have always liked gingham.
yeah, it is cute. for some reason, it reminds me of the countryside.