Monday, July 24, 2017
I went browsing on youtube, watching different videos, and I thought this video was informative about fashions. I think it is interesting because it is about the must-have basic foundation in any wardrobe, which should be in a neutral color so you can build on it with your colored and trendy items in order to bring out your individual personality in a creative and unique way. You don’t have to use the neutral colors and brand names that she has because everyone has their own personal preference. It is important to really know yourself, your lifestyle, and your personal style in order not to frivolously waste your money on items you don’t really want or need. Don’t follow anyone. Others are just there to learn from because many people have interesting and useful ideas. Think for yourself and be your own leader, doing or buy what best fits your personality and lifestyle.
- White t-shirt (I do have a couple from the past, and some were actually free from fashion magazine events. I have a JANE Magazine white t-shirt)
- Black camisole (I do have some from the past, as well as I have later added more in different colors because I seemed to wear them like tank tops or in a layered outfit).
- Blazer (neutral color—black, gray, white, camel, or beige color, and I do have a couple from the past in gray, white, black, and camel, and each of mine are in different styles from different trendy eras, but is still like each one).
- Denim pants (everyone has jeans in their wardrobe, and I have many that I love, but I currently need to lose around 5 pounds to get into mine).
- Black cigarette pants or skinny jeans—I do have one, as well as leggings).
- Trousers (wide-legged tradition pants, and in my case, it is my gray pants and hounds tooth print pants).
- White bottom down shirt—everyone has this one, I am sure.
- Little Black Dress (It can be any length, whether short, medium, or long, but it must be your style). I do have a couple from my past, but I think my older ones might be too small.
- Denim jacket—I have 3 denim jackets from the past, which I wear for different occasions—two are creative and fun, and the third one is now trendy because it has lots of ruffles.
- Pleather Jacket or Pleather Moto Vest—I only have a pleather moto vest in a light green color, which isn’t neutral but I still like the color and I often wear it with neutral colors, such as all black or another monochromatic dark color for contrast.
She added three other must-haves—black turtleneck, black crewneck sweater, and black coat, in which are perfect for cooler months, where I mostly wear sweaters, turtlenecks, and pea coats. I have two pea coats—one in aubergine and one in gray, in which I only really wear in autumn and winter. Both these colors are neutral. Aubergine is an eggplant color, and it is similar to burgundy and wine, which are my favorite colors to wear during wintertime. My sweaters and turtlenecks are different colors, and I don’t plan to wear any in the next two or three months. But I think that her video is a good one to summarize the must-have basics of any wardrobe.
8 CommentsLeave a Reply
Thank you! I have an olive green pea coat that I got last year that really works with everything that I own, plus three black coats! Also I just found a faux fur jacket! I’m liking the t-shirt look, but I’m way too fat for a cami!
camis are just used for layered, especially under sheer blouses or lowcut sweaters and blouses
I’m a basic style of person. LMBO! No taste. Simple! SMH!
this video is good for creating the basic foundation of any outfit. then, you add trendy and colorful items and accessories for style, personality, and a personal touch..
Sounds like cool basics to me!
I agree with you