I found two vegan french toasts recipes on youtube, although I am sure there are more videos.
Wow, this looks really good and crispy. It is hard to believe it is vegan!
- She cuts off the bread crusts because she wants her bread to soak in more of the batter. But I will use the crust because I like bread crust.
- She also uses one orange, some agave, and vanilla, and I am not sure what the other ingredients are. But it looks interesting if I can find all these items.
- Then, she pours mixture over bread loafs. I am used to dipping the sides of the bread into the batter.
- Put olive oil in the pan and place bread pieces on the pan to fry both sides until a golden brown color. It looks good. It kind of looks like hash browns. But I will probably use items I can find in my area, such as vegan milk.
- What is aquafaba? I did a separate post with videos to explain aquafaba because I haven’t heard of this before. It is made from chickpeas, and it is used as an egg-replacer. You can also make vegan whipped cream.
I found another Vegan French Toast video, but it wouldn’t post in the same way here. So, I placed the URL link under the highlighted words. This second french toast video is easier as well as it uses different ingredients. Place banana, almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon into a blender, and blend these ingredients. Pour batter into a bowl. Dunk bread loaf, making sure to cover both sides. And place each one on an oiled skillet or oiled pan for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides. Then, she makes coconut whipped cream. Place whipped cream over the loaf, top with fresh berries and maple syrup. This recipe looks easier than the first one.