This is a delicious and nutritious soup.
<a data-snax-placeholder="Source" class="snax-figure-source" href="https://pixabay.com/es/sopa-zanahoria-jengibre-2006317/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener">https://pixabay.com/es/sopa-zanahoria-jengibre-2006317/</a>
- 4 large carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 medium onion
- 1 turnip
- 3 white bread slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the carrots and turnip.
- Small dice all the vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables in six cups of water with a little salt.
- Let all boil together until the vegetables are quite tender, and then blend them in the blender or food processor with the bread and some of the water they were cooked in.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan, add the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- If the soup is too thick add more of the water.
- Boil the soup up, and serve. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or with croutons.