Monday, July 10, 2017
I was browsing through my notebook, and I found interesting notes about yoga poses for losing weight. Yoga asanas are good for losing weight as well as improving your mind, body, and soul. Surya Namaskar is body-stretching poses (asanas) and breathing exercises (pranayama). I also noticed some interesting smoothie recipes to try out. I often take notes from different places that I forget about. So, I decided to share them with anyone interested.
- Lemon and cranberry juice: drink a glass of warm water with one fresh-squeezed lemon when you wake up in the morning and don’t eat anything for an hour.
- Cucumber and mint juice, which also has ginger and lemon.
- Use oats to make oatmeal cereal
- Fruits are the perfect snack. Consider apples, oranges, tomatoes, watermelon, and cherries.
- Chia seeds have Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. Use 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in water, salads, smoothies, and in cereal.
- Ginger adds flavor. Boil 2 cups of water and 2 pieces of peeled and sliced ginger for 10 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apple cider vinegar is great for detoxing. Put 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water.
- Cinnamon: Try a ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon of honey in warm water. Drink before bedtime.
- Hot peppers, such as cayenne powder in your meals.
- Hot water: Try 1 cup of warm water on empty stomach in the morning, when you wake up. Or, some people add 1 squeezed lemon with 1 cup of warm water. Also, other people add 1 tablespoon of rose water with 1 cup of warm water.