in

Love ItLove It

Nature Tuesday ~ Be careful when eating mushrooms

Mushrooms are tasty and healthy, but also dangerous. The mushroom season is booming, and as a result, the number of people who have problems with their consumption is also growing. These problems first manifest themselves in the form of digestive problems: nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea. Even if this happens several hours after ingestion, immediately suspect that they may be caused by mushrooms and seek the help of a personal doctor on duty. Poisonous mushrooms at best affect only the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, at worst they cause organ failure and death.

Problems can also occur after eating mushrooms that are not otherwise toxic and you may not have picked them yourself at all, but you bought them. For this reason, make sure that only mushrooms that are fresh are on your plate. Already their appearance must be healthy, they must not be decayed and wormy. In addition, they can only stand in the refrigerator or cold store for 24 hours, you should never reheat them.

  • Do you eat mushrooms?

    • Yes
    • No

Report

What do you think?

10 points
Legend

Written by vidocka

Years Of MembershipGallery MakerUp/Down VoterStory MakerContent Author

22 Comments

Leave a Reply
  1. The wild morel mushroom is one of the best additions to any dish, but as you well point out it is important to be careful when picking mushrooms.

    There is also the interesting Peyote mushroom, found originally by the Frist People in the US. It lets you travel the world without leaving your chair.

    But that one is illegal in every country of the world!

    1
  2. I have eaten button and oyster mushrooms. In fact at one time we grew our own oyster mushrooms. I will never eat mushrooms that I see in my garden. I will not take that risk.

    1

Leave a Reply