- During summer, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, grows about 6 inches due to heat the expanding iron.
- Watermelon is one of summer’s best summer treats. Did you know that watermelons are not a fruit, but a vegetable?
- Popsicles, a popular summer treat, was accidentally invented by an 11-year-old boy in San Francisco in 1905.
- Marc Antony named the month of July, in honor of Julius Caesar.
- Frisbees in the past were actually greased pie plates, which people began to throw to each other in parks during summer.
- In the northern hemisphere, the first day of Summer occurs in June.
- In the southern hemisphere, the first day of Summer occurs in December.
- On the first day of Summer in the southern hemisphere, the sun is directly over the Tropic of Capricorn. *Photo is my Honeysuckle from last summer. ©CarolDM
Did you know any of these facts about summer?