Vegetable upma is my favourite. A healthy and tasty dish. Here is how you go about it..
1. Finely chop 1 onion. Add 3 teaspoons oil in a big pan. Add half teaspoon mustard seeds and Cumin seeds each. After it splutters add a pinch of Asafoetida. Next add 5 to 6 curry leaves and 2 green chillies chopped. Fry for a minute and then add the chopped onions.
2. After the onions turn golden brown in colour add 1 finely chopped tomato. Fry for 5 minutes. Next add 1 cup of semolina. Fry for 5 to 8 minutes till it turns golden brown im colour.
3. Add half cup of hot water. Add salt as per taste and 1 teaspoon sugar. Next add a handful of boiled peas.
4. Cover the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so that it doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
5. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and let it cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Switch off the flame and serve hot.
Photo credit- https://pixabay.com/en/upma-food-south-indian-cuisine-346484/