Something healthy, something tasty. Start your day with healthy oats idli.
Here is how you prepare oats idli-
1. Grind 1 cup of rolled oats and keep it aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil and add half a teaspoon of mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they splutter add 4 to 5 crushed curry leaves and finely chopped green chillies. Next add 5 to 6 finely chopped cashews. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add 3 teaspoons of grated carrot (optional) and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add half cup semolina/rawa. Stir fry till it turns golden brown in colour. Next add the oats and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove from flame and let it cool down. Then add half cup of curd, 1 cup of water, 1/2 inch of grated ginger and salt to taste.
5. Mix well and add half teaspoon cooking soda. Grease the idli containers with oil. Add the batter and steam the idlis for 10 to 15 minutes on a high flame.
6. Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.