WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!!
It’s been more than a year since the last episode of Season 6 was aired on television via HBO on June 26, 2016. Now Season 7’s first episode entitled “Dragonstone” has just been released. And me, as one of the big fans of Game of Thrones who just watched already, just can’t wait to spoil this episode by blogging my reviews.
Here are the epitome of the scenes:
- After Arya killed Walder Frey on the last season, she disguised herself at the banquet as Walder at the House Frey, serving all men a glass of wine, unbeknownst to them was a poison that made them all killed. Arya’s vengeance to her mother Catelyn Stark and brother Robb Stark has been fulfilled when they were killed at the Red Wedding.
- Brandon Stark as a Third-Eye Raven has seen a myriad of White Walkers marching to the North. Meera Reed and Bran arrived at the Wall.
- Jon Snow and Sansa Stark were in a juxtaposed predicament between the Umbers and the Karstarks. Jon Snow finalized his decision to let Ned Umber and Alys Kastark to come as aid at the House Stark.
- Cersei Lannister made a painted map on a floor in a certain section of the King’s Landing. She reckoned the enemies at each side of the kingdom while squabbling against Jaime Lannister.
- Euron Greyjoy, as the new king of the Iron Islands, arrived at the King’s Landing to offer a proposal for marriage for Cersei, offering her his most precious gift once she will accept the offer: his armada and stronger alliance.
- Samwell Tarly found a book at a secret room inside the Citadel at the Oldtown, where they can find a way to defeat the Army of the Dead aka the White Walkers: the location of dragonglass, a powerful weapon that serves as the Night Walker’s kryptonite, which is found at Dragonstone, the first stronghold of Targaryens when they first invaded Westeros.
- Arya Stark caught the attention of a soldier singing an angelic voice as she was riding through the forest heading to King’s Landing. That minor soldier role is played by Grammy award singer Ed Sheeran.
- Thoros told Clegane the purpose why the Lord of Light still doesn’t want Beric dead: to be prepared for the worst war to come against the Army of the Dead.
- Ser Jorah Mormont startled Samwell Tarly at the Citadel when his greyscaled arm appeared to him, asking him if the Dragon Queen has arrived.
- Daenerys along with the unsullied Grey Worm, Missandei, Lord Varys, and Tyrion Lannister arrived at the Dragonstone, where they started their propositions to attack at the King’s Landing.
These are the epitomes of the first episode. No major significant events yet happening, but each characters are preparing for the worst war to come. Jon Snow against White Walkers whilst Daenerys Stormborn against Cersie. Sansa Stark is betwixt in the fight between against White Walkers and Cersei Lannister. Arya is on her verge of personal vendetta against Cersei too. While Bran Stark thinks the same way with his brother Jon Snow: to get ready for the worst day to come: the invasion of The Army of the Dead, that he foreseen that needs to be prepared the most.
These are all my reviews for this episode. Can’t wait for next week episode. This is just a jump-start for the rest of the episodes for this season. Must watch!