<a href="https://www.esigns.com/school-sports-banners.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
Modern life is fast-paced and busy, and we all get tired, burnt-out and lacking in oomph from time to time. Here are some of the best ways to increase your levels of physical energy, so that you will feel better and more alert, and can get more done:
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals to help maintain a steady energy supply’
- Drink lots of water – about 8 glasses a day, according to the health guidelines, will stop you feeling sluggish.
- Take control of your body clock by waking up and going to bed at the same time every day, even weekends, days off, etc. You’ll remain alert all day, if you can do it.
- Take more exercise. If going to the gym regularly is a bridge too far (as it is for me!), take power walks around the block whenever you can.
- Losing weight will definitely boost your energy (a natural progression from tip no 4 – more exercise should help with that!)
- Take regular power naps (just 15 minutes at a time can really help, if you are flagging).
- Wear bright colours to lift your mood and make you feel more lively and energetic (this is one of my favourite tips! I swear by the power of colour.)
- Light, energy-packed meals should give you the boost you need to go out on the town. Make sure the meals are low in fat, with a good source of protein, and a lot of complex carbohydrates, i.e. fruit and veg.
- Avoid the foods/drinks which actually sap energy, which include saturated animal fats, butter, alcohol, caffeine processed foods and additives (This is one of the many benefits of going vegan, actually – you have a lot more energy!)
- Regular meditation will help to recharge your batteries, and make you feel more refreshed and alert, as well as more calm.
- If all else fails, drink a couple of gallons of Red Bull every morning! *
(*That last “tip” was meant as a joke, just to see if you were paying attention! Definitely DON’T do that!!!)