Life is no bed of roses; it’s filled with UPS and downs. You can be happy one moment, ecstatic even and the next moment, slapped with a sadness so deep it threatens to bury you.
However, no matter what curve life throws your way, you can choose to be happy always by following these simple rules
- Learn to love and accept yourself for who you are. Understand no one is perfect and trying to be is setting yourself up for unhappiness.
- Never, ever compare yourself to others. When you do this, you weigh your weakness against their strength and no one comes out of such comparison in a favorable light.
- Avoid negativity and negative people. They run you of your joy and eventually you start to be like them.
- See positivity everywhere you go.
- Accept things you can’t change, while you work at the ones you can.
- Worrying over things doesn’t change them, and nine out of ten times, those things you worry about don’t come to pass.
- Treasure your friends. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you.
- Never make anyone feel indispensable or they will treat you badly.
- The way you see yourself is the way others will see you. Teach others to treat you right.
- Hard work pays. Always.
- Never envy anyone. Always live a life of contentment. Work to be better, but be happy with what you have always.
- Treat people with respect; in essence, treat others as you would want to be treated.
- Ditch the need to always be in control. Take life easy and learn to enjoy it.
- True love is hard to find. If you do find it, guard it jealously.
- Find your purpose in life and stay committed to it.