Monday chakra is the color red. These prawns look really tasty just as they are, but having them fried in my special recipe, really adds the final finishing touch. Did you know that my fried prawn tails are extremely contagious, the moment you taste one, the more you’ll want!
ANDRE’S APPLE CIDER PRAWNS IN SPICY BATTER
* Half a cup of wheat flour
* One cup of brown rice
* Half a teaspoon of black pepper
* Half a teaspoon of salt
* Half a teaspoon of dried chillie flakes
* One kilo of fresh medium sized prawn tails, shelled and deveined.
* One teaspoon of minced garlic
* One chopped onion.
* Half cup of fresh, chopped cilantro
* Half teaspoon of dried oregano
* One sliced large ripe tomato
* One-quarter cup of dry apple cider
* Half a cup of olive oil.
* Cook the cup of brown rice and keep it warm.
1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper thoroughly. Dredge prawn in the mixture.2. In a large frying pan, saute dredged prawn tails in olive oil for 5 minutes over high heat. Stir to prevent burning. Drain and transfer fried prawn tails to a serving dish.3. In the same frying pan saute the garlic, onion chillie flakes, cilantro, tomato and oregano over medium heat for 5 minutes, while stirring constantly. Spoon the mixture over the prawn tails, (pour the dry apple cider into the warm frying pan while stirring to loosen the brown bits stuck to the bottom, then add this to the main mixture.)Serve with brown rice.