These individuals are in a race to get to an endpoint but are being held back. At times, it feels like they take three steps forward and two back. They have to jump over many hurdles and jump through a number of hoops. This seems to involve doing more things than are strictly necessary. These obstacles require the necessary stamina to tackle them in the correct sequence and in the right way to finish the course.
Examples of questions you might use when coaching around endurance.
– What keeps you going?
– How optimistic are you in getting to an endpoint? How do you remain focussed? What gives you your energy? How competitive are you?
Often it seems like you are taking three steps forward and two steps back.
– What is hindering your progress?
– What is holding you back?
Often is seems there are many hurdles that you have to jump over and hoops to jump through.
– How do you react to these challenges?
– How easily distracted are you?
One of a series of 18 images from the coaching toolbox – Images of Resilience
Find out more about resilience in “The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience in Business” by Robin Hills.