Most of us are looking for the perfect diet to help us lose weight. Most of us also don’t understand what causes weight gain and the lack of weight loss when trying to diet. In this post I’ll explain why I think the Ketogenic Diet is the best for losing weight and getting healthy.
I have been researching this way of eating for quite a while now, so here are some things that I have learned and wanted to share them here.
I haven’t fully gone Keto, but I have tried to eat low carb in the past and I know it helps with lowering blood sugars. I am type 2 Diabetic and my sugars are always high unless I eat low carb.
- Cutting carbohydrates makes carb/sugar cravings go away once you move into fat burning mode.
- You lose weight because you switch to using fat as fuel instead of storing it because you are using sugar as fuel.
- Insulin resistance problems get fixed and you lose weight because insulin is the fat storing hormone. It helps even better if you intermittent fast.
- It’s not a difficult diet to stick to like other diets where you feel deprived. It works because you get rid of the cravings. It might be hard the first few weeks because you are getting rid of all the sugar in your system.
- Eating a ketogenic diet will not give you heart problems or high cholesterol. It’s eating carbs with fat/cholesterol that cause those problems. Eating low carb/ moderate protein/high fat is the best diet for the brain and heart. It helps so many health problems like M.S., Diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- Nutritional ketosis is very different than ketoacidosis (which can be fatal for type 1 diabetics). Many people with type 2 diabetes have reversed their diabetes with this way of eating
- In this diet, you don’t want to eat any wheat, sugar, breads, pastas, root vegetables, or fruits (except in very small amounts).
If you want to learn more about the ketogenic diet, and reversing Diabetes, there are a few people on YouTube that post a lot of helpful Information. They are Dr. Berg, Eric Westman, and Jason Fung.
If you have any questions, I will answer them the best I can.