Problem relating to sleep is the worldwide epidemic. Believe it or not, it threatens the health and thequality of life of up to 45 to 50% of the world population.
Therefore, what can you do to overcome this problem and have a nice and sound sleep night? Here are ten tips that may be of help to you. Just try them and see the benefits.
- First and foremost, establish a regular schedule for sleep. Try to go to bed and get up every day at the same fixed time.
- Have a look at your surroundings and keep the bed room airy, quite and dark with a comfortable and pleasing temperature.
- Keep the bed you sleep in good condition.The pillows and mattress should be suitable for you. The bed should be used only for sleeping purpose and not for other things like reading, watching TV or doing some work.
- Follow mealtimes regularly. Do not drink or eat anything in large amounts during the three hours before going to sleep.
- Stop long naps in the day. They do have mental and cardiovascular benefits, but should not exceed thirty minutes.
- Go to bed when you feel like sleeping. It is not a good thing to fall asleep watching TV in the living room.
- Cool down before going to sleep. Take about half hour before bedtime for activities like taking a bath or doing some relaxation exercises, listening to calming music or reading.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet.
- Carry out some physical exercise for about 30-40 minutes every day but 4-6 hours before bedtime.
- Consult your doctor for some nutritional solutions. Use of food supplements containing melatonin is suitable in cases of nervousness due to insomnia.