Cats are spiritual animals who love unconditionally. They own their humans. However we are responsible for them and everything involving our relationships with them.
Should Your Cat Be a Ferrall or Indoor Cat?
Although cats have hunter instinct, it’s best to make them indoor cats so that they live longer and they are protected from evils of the outside world. Even with this type of protection, their are things to stay on top off formost. You want the best life for them and you. Here are some of things to really stay on top of it:
- Safety: Things that you normally would not think about that are a problem, are. Especially the kitchen stove! Most kittens will climb the stove without thinking about danger. Had been known to trip the dials and turning the stove on which is very dangerous and scary. Most of us get around this by blocking the stove when it is off. I keep a tea kettle and a wok on mine, at all times when it is off, to keep my cat off of it. Some cover theirs with plates or collenders.
- Microwave Ovens: Today companies make their microwave ovens easier to use for humans. That is with one tap of the button, they are on and running. They do not have cats in the back of their minds when creating easy to use technology. Be very careful here! Block or unplug your microwave when you are not using it. Cats jumping up on the counter rubbing microwave buttons are a cause of apartment or house fires. Always protect first.
- Plants: Most houseplants are poisonous to cats. For this reason, it’s best for cat parents not to have plants inside the house for your indoor to cat to bite them. If you have to have your plants, keep them in a closed room or outside. Or you can hang them from the ceiling. If you cat bites those leafs call poison control first. Then call your Vet.
- Safeguard your cats from plug heads: This is mostly true of kittens They play with them and bite the metal parts. Sometimes they chew the plug heads, which is very dangerous! Whereas older cats are trained so they step over the plugs.
- Keep your poisons cabinet up high where they can’t get to them. If you need to, install child safety locks.
- Above all, enjoy each other and pet kitty.