Somehow, one of my brothers, believed the old-wives-tales my dad had told us 50 years ago were true and when I asked him about, he says he found out years ago that my dad had been pulling our legs about it but that some of those, even now, still make him apprehensive when he comes into contact with them, here they are:
* Carrots help to see in the dark
* Crusts (of bread) make your hair curly
* Cheese makes you dream
* Don’t eat the end of a banana as the seed can grow in your tummy (he still doesn’t eat them…)
* Apple a day keeps the doctor away (he eats a lot of apples)
* Trying new foods 3 times is the only way to know if you like it
Do you have some superstitions, you kling to?