It’s April 16, 2020
I haven’t done this for a long time. Listing the things that I am grateful for. Not that I’m no longer think of the things that I am grateful for every morning, I just did not list them down.
Every morning, every time my talking alarm blares out the time and tells me to “Start your day with gratitude!”, I would think of at least five things that I am grateful for.
Today, I want to share with you the things that I am grateful for… especially in this time of crisis.
- The fresh air that we breathe – Fresher air, actually! I live in the city, but it feels like I’m on a farm, or in my father’s hometown. In the many years that have passed, I never tasted the air so fresh. With most people in quarantine, less smoke is emitted to the atmosphere, thus cleaner air.
- The time spent with my wife and kids. Yup, we are together almost 24/7 for the past 32 days! I still spend some time alone though, at least two hours before they wake up in the morning.
- The food that we eat every day. Though we are in crisis. We are blessed that aside from the canned goods we have stocked up, we can still buy fresh meat and fish and vegetables. And I don’t even have to take a ride to do so.
- For our good health. Fresh air, good food, equals good health. Plus I got plenty of…
- Time to exercise every morning. Yup, while they are still asleep, I do some exercise every morning. Though I am no longer jogging. I do burpees this time, which easily turns my legs into jellies. Hopefully, I could do 30 reps comfortably, by the end of the mont.
- For our sources of income – My summer job got canceled, I can’t continue training the IT admins of my clients for now… It’s a hospital! I’m not going near there unless necessary. However, I still have some sources of income… Including Virily. it’s not much, but I am still grateful for it. And I hope my new online project will kick-off… My wife is a public school teacher, so no worries.
This is it for now. Have a wonderful day
Do you list down the things that you are grateful for?