It is an active monastery for girls. It is the fourth largest monastery in Bulgaria. It was a center of spiritual life during the Second Bulgarian Kingdom (1240). In the 19th century the holy abode was completely restored. Many monks gather together. The Klisura Monastery functions as a man’s dormitory until 2008, with the last abbot Archimandrite Antim. Then, with the blessing of Vidin Metropolitan Dometian, the monastery is inhabited by nursing with mother Abbot nun Taisia.
In the holy monastery there is an icon-painted atelier in which sisterhood draws icons according to the tradition of the ancient Ohrid school.