From first glance, this season appeared to be a very strong season for the Pac-12. However, after this past weekend’s results that were shocking, the Pac-12 is wide open for the taking. Here are my picks for this season in the Pac-12 Conference.
1. USC. The Trojans turned the corner last season by making it back to the NCAA Tournament last season. Almost every key player is back from last season. That type of continuity should give USC the advantage in the Pac-12 this season.
2. UCLA. The depth is lacking from this team due to the incident in Shanghai, but the starting five is still strong with G Aaron Holiday and a star recruiting class.
3. Arizona. The duo of Allonzo Trier and C DeAndre Ayton is really devastating. I think that the Wildcats will no longer be the Mildcats once conference play begins.
4. Arizona State. This team took their lumps last season with a very tough schedule. That experience should pay off big this season with G Tra Holder leading the way.
5. Utah. The Utes will win because they do not make many mistakes on the court.
6. Oregon. A whole bunch of transfers will keep the Ducks afloat.
7. Stanford. The Cardinal should end up with a winning season in conference, but their lack of athleticism could hurt them in the long run.
8. Washington State. Their uptempo style of play will allow for the Cougars to win more games than expected in the Pac-12.
9. Colorado. The Buffaloes only have one starter returning from last season, but a freshmen class with 7 recruits will give Colorado the depth necessary to compete at home in the high altitude of Boulder.
10. California. The Golden Bears are in rebuilding mode for this season.
11. Oregon State. Can someone please help the Beavers?
12. Washington. The Huskies are also in rebuilding mode after ending up in last place last season.
Source: Street & Smith. Pic is from Pixabay.com.