Tuesday, July 25, 2017
During the Spring Garden Shows at South Coast Plaza mall, I picked up some food recipes at some stores, such as William Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, and Sur La Table. I will list six food and drink ideas from the event.
I added a snapshot from my IMVU life, where my avatar is hanging out in the backyard of her IMVU Villa. I think she has her small dog with her, which is sitting in her purse.
- Madelaines takes 30 minutes to do. Place semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips inside a stainless steel bowl. At 6 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of heavy cream or half & half, and use medium-low heat. Stir as you heat the mixture. Then, dip Madelaine before placing on a parchment paper. Sprinkle chopped pieces of almonds over the Madelaine pieces. (Note: it is important to roast nuts beforehand so it brings oil to the surface and give the nuts more nutty flavor).
- Lemon Poppy Seed dessert: ingredients include lemon poppy seeds, a teaspoon of vanilla which is added last, 2 egg substitute, butter, and ¾ cup of water. Mix well together until creamy texture. Add ¼ teaspoon of baking soda. Mix well again. Scoop batter and place into cupcake pan. Place pan on the side for a while before placing it in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Lemon/mint/strawberry Punch includes lemons, mints, strawberries, water, and ice. You can add agave for sweetener, but I prefer mine without any sweetener because the fruits are a natural sweetener. I tasted a sample at the store, and it tasted similar to any punch, but it has tangy and citrus flavors, which tastes much healthier than the regular punch. You can use a blender to create a Strawberry-Lemonade Smoothie or Icy for a hot summer day.
- Raw Vegan Paste involves using a Spiralizer or Potato Peeler to help you make strips of veggie noodles with Zucchini, Squash, and a hard eggplant. You can also chop one onion. Then, add the chopped onion, chopped bell peppers, and basil to the strips of zucchini, squash, and eggplant. Sprinkle some herbs on top, as well as some sea salt, pepper, and other spices. You can also squeeze one lemon on top as well as add some olive oil, olives, and garlic before tossing the salad. This recipe takes around 15 minutes.
- Apple Cinnamon Toast Dessert includes spiralizing one apple and put it on the side. Melt butter in a pan. Add apple strips into the pan, along with some brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook until toasty.
- Make some coffee drinks for your guests to enjoy with these yummy recipes.