I saw a recipe for crockpot barbecue, and it got my mind working, because I knew I could make one better. After a few tries, I stumbled upon the most delish recipe EVER! It’s also made with ingredients most folks have in their kitchen already, which I think makes a recipe much better.
- 1 medium pork tenderloin thawed and cut in one inch thick slices or
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups (use more or less depending on how much meat) honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more of less if you like or don’t like spicy)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 bell pepper (green or red) cut in strips
Directions: Mix all ingredients other than the meat. Place meat in the crockpot. Spoon sauce over the pieces and flip over. Pour the rest of the sauce over all pieces. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (more meat might take more time)
I usually boil new potatoes and cauliflower to serve with this and pile the extra sauce and onions and peppers on top of them. It goes together awesomely!
Image Credit: https://amzn.to/2Jubo2T