In a book that I’m currently reading the author mentioned that she put together a gratitude list of things to be thankful for, with hopes of changing her way of thinking in the process. After reading that portion of the book, I decided to create my own list, however, this list will be daily. Each day I will come up with a list of 5 things I encounter which I am grateful for. My goal is to not utilize something that I have used already, which will make it more of a challenge.
- Waking up: This is one thing that we all should be thankful for because tomorrow is not promised. I have thanked the Lord on many occasions for being able to see another day, but I wish I could train myself to do it every morning.
- Having a job: Of course without a job bills would not get paid resulting in me being homeless. Other things include being able to shop and do the things that I love that involve money which overall boost my morale in the long run.
- Having a car: Without a car, I would not be able to make it to work in a timely manner, as well as get many things done that involve me driving around town. In a city like Chicago you can make it without a car, but it is just so much convenient having one, even though maintaining it can be costly.
- Having an apartment: I view having my own apartment as having a place where I can be myself, as well as escape from the chaos of the outside world. It is the one place that I can be in my happy place with access to many things I love.
- Making it through another day: Along with waking up another day, I’m very thankful that I made it through another day, especially with all the chaos that goes on in it.