We all know that tilips grow in Netherlands, that they have a lot of windmills and that they wear clogs. But, do you know some of the following interesting facts about Netehrlands?
- The oldest anthem in the world is the one coming from Netherland, and is called the Vilhelmus. Words and music were created in the 16th century, and in it, the king of Holland expressed fidelity to the Spanish crown.
- Even 87 percent of citizens speak English, which is the third country in the world by the percentage of people who speak English as a second language. Also, 66 percent of the population knows German language.
- The Netherlands is also the first country in the world to embrace matrimonial marriages, and has done that in 2001.
- The country is actually one big plain. Even 26% of the territory is below the sea surface, and the highest point of Valserberg is only 322 meters above sea level.
- The country has more bikes than people – a total of 18 million bicycles.
- In the Netherlands is the only camel farm farm in Europe that produces camel milk.
- The Dutch are world leaders in hydraulics and water engineering.
- The Dutch are the highest in Europe with an average height of 1.81 m for men and 1.68 m for women.
- About 30% of all Dutch babies are born at home.
- Amsterdam has 1,281 bridge.
- The best-selling cheese in the world is the Dutch Gouda.
I have visited Netherlands six years ago and I have wonderful memories from that trip. It is truly one wonderful country. The people are very polite and they all speak English language, as I said above. Amsterdam is beautiful town with all those bridges and perfect architecture. Most of the cities I visited have the same architecture – those small houses that look like from a fairy tale. Have you visited Netherlands?
Photo credit: Pixabay.com