Kremikovtsi Monastery of Saint George.
/The old church is at the forefront/
The monastery was built during the Second Bulgarian Kingdom, presumably during the reign of Tsar Ivan Alexander but was destroyed in 1382 by the Ottomans.
In 1493, the leader of Sofia, Radivoy,resumed it with his own funds in memory of his two deceased children, Teodor and Dragana. Since then, the old church dates back to the monastery’s courtyard, and in 1926 a second church was built.
In 1503, the roof of the monastery’s antechamber was destroyed by an earthquake. It is clear from the quotation letter that the old church was renovated in 1611.
By type and architecture it is a one-nave church with a narthex and a semi-circular altar apse.