Outdoor Blinds are thick rolling sheets that are used to block the scorching sun from entering the cabinet. These are mostly used during the summer season when the sun rays are harsh and bothering. These outdoor blinds are placed on the windows, portico, patios, porches and any other place where there is direct contact to sunlight. Outdoor blinds have different types and are used based on their requirements.
What are Outdoor Blinds?
Outdoor blinds are thick sheets made up of different materials to protect oneself from the sun. Outdoor blinds are of different types and materials depending upon the individual’s requirement. They are used based on their capacity to block the sun rays, wind or rain water.
The type depends on the requirements. Here are few types that are common in use.
- External Window Shade Blinds: These are the most common types of outdoor blinds used these days. External window blinds are used mostly outside the windows to block scorching sun rays, heat, rain splashes and winds.
- Pivot Arm Awnings: These are similar to awnings but are retractable outdoor blinds that are used to avoid rain splashes, sun rays and especially the dusty wind. The pivot shape ensures that despite the block there is sufficient amount of air supply.
- Verandah Blinds: These blinds are of multipurpose use. They are not only used to block heat, sun rays and winds but are also used for addind enhanced privacy to the cabinet or to block unwanted glares from the people. It can also be used to create insulation in the winters.
- Patio or Café Blinds: These are used in large glass infrastructures or buildings whose sides are made from glasses. These are retractable blinds that are put in the day time to avoid sun and sun rays. As the building Is fully covered with glasses there is no chance of winds, rain splashes or dust to enter the place; therefore, they are used especially to avoid sun.
- Retractable Blinds: These are the blinds that are retractable in nature. They are made in such a way that they can be expanded and contracted when required.
Material through which outdoor blinds are made:
Outdoor blinds are in trend nowadays, therefore people are using it regularly. Since there is a widespread use of blinds, it is natural that there will definitely be a modified version that can be seen. Most of the outdoor blinds are made up of PVC, fabrics, bamboo, transparent plastic sheets, rubber and many such local materials based on the manufacturing type and requirement.
PVC made blinds are used mostly on huge glass windows and patios. The sheets are thick and are of dark color to restrict the entry of the sun rays in the maximum possible way.
Bamboo sheets are used in open verandahs, porticos and shades to tackle sun rays, winds and is also used as a privacy option. These are common in shops and market places.
The Use of Outdoor Blinds and their Importance:
When the sun enters horizontally, it hits through the sides and during the summer season, it becomes worst. Things go bad when you are packed inside a room and the sun is hitting you through the window glasses. The sun rays are not only hot but also shines bright making it difficult to withstand such a situation. Using outdoor blinds on such occasions becomes an element of relief for most of the people out there.
Outdoor blinds are almost used in all the necessary places. Using such blinds is definitely comfortable in order to avoid the sun and heat.