I have been intrigued with Turkish Coffee readings since 80s. It looks interesting and fun, but difficult to read. But sometimes when I make Turkish Coffee, I play around with the idea of reading, even though in my case it is likely to be gibberish.
While on YouTube, I also noticed videos about Greek coffee and Cuban coffee cup readings. So, this coffee cup readings are done in different cultures. Some people even read tea leaves cup.
I decided to display three different Turkish coffee cup readings in this post, each by a different person, to get a better understanding about this artform. Notice that each of these people read the Turkish Coffee cup different, much different from what I have seen in America. But it is interesting because it is like storytelling.
- Lok at shapes, such as tree, animal, etc...
- Several vertical lines has to do with wishes coming true. But if there are more than 7 lines, then there will be an engagement.
- Notice numbers and letters, which could be hints.
- Animals could mean a message or messengers
- Fish means money, good fortune, or ocean.
- It is kind of like dream analysis, but based on shapes and lines in the coffee cup.
- I haven't seen anyone reading the saucer before.
- She reads the saucer. I have never seen this before.
- 2 Pillars could mean 2 wishes coming true or the number 11.
- An animal with sweet face can be a warning. someone might be preying on you.
- Eiffel Tower shape can be romance, French, or Paris, France.
- Lion shape might have to do with doing someone with a Leo sign.
- Mother or grandmother figure is watching over you from afterlife.
- A key will open a door to your future or what's ahead.
- Mountain--it will lead to something great.
- Strong masculine energy is watching over you.
- Swinging on chandeliers, roller coaster ride with ups and downs...
- This one has even more different ways of reading a cup.
- Use Social Science observation skills to read the person.
- Drinking Turkish Coffee, like drinking any coffee, is all about socializing, whether drink coffee at a coffee shop or making your own Turkish Coffee for your guests at you home.
- Look for shapes, such as volcano, mountain, pyramid, lava; mountain has to do with something challenging. volcano means many things might suddenly erupt.
- Coffee cups only foretells for the next 40 days.
- He sees Eiffel Tower in his cup, too, which has to do with love, romance, or marriage.
- You should drink Turkish Coffee slowly, sipping and enjoying the experience as you think about your wish.