Servings: Yields 2
Do you love eating eggs? Do you eat eggs on a regular basis? Well, a unique version of the normal omelet that you can cook for your family is a masala omelet. This omelet is quick to prepare, makes an amazing breakfast and a filling one at that.
If you are looking for different ways of spicing up your monotonous omelet recipe, try the masala omelet today. This recipe calls for turmeric powder, green chilies, onions, some vegetables and garam masala. When all these ingredients are infused together, they result in a delicious masala omelet. You have to try it to believe it.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 2 Green chilies finely minced
- 2 tablespoon of milk
- 4 tablespoons of finely minced capsicum
- 4 tablespoons of finely minced carrot
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Oil or butter to fry
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until they are fluffy. Add all the ingredients except the oil.
- Mix the eggs and the ingredients well.
- Drizzle oil in the frying pan on medium heat.
- Once it’s hot, pour half of the egg mixture and swirl it around the pan. Cook on low medium heat till one side is cooked and slightly browned. Slowly flip over and cook the other side for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Slide the cooked masala omelet on a plate and serve with bread or bun accompanied with a cup of tea
- It is ok to add any other vegetables of your choice, mushroom or shredded chicken.
- You can sprinkle some grated cheese on your masala omelet as soon as you remove it from the pan.
- Whisk the egg mixture well before pouring it on the frying pan. Do not cook on high flame.
- Pour the egg mixture only when the pan is hot enough.