Probably most of you have eaten this cake at least once, and I bet many of you bake it sometimes. It is a carob cake with grated apples that give it a juicy texture and stay fresh and tasty for days.
Carob and apple cakes are one of the old-fashioned cakes the whole house smells of, and autumn and winter are ideal for its preparation and consumption. With some warm drink and you can almost skip dinner for the day.
But did you know that it was extremely tasty and juicy and without eggs and milk?
Below, I bring you my recipe for this vegan cake, and if you want to eat it without chocolate topping, you won’t be disappointed either.
As for the dressing itself, this time the choice fell on goji berries , coconut leaves and almonds, and next time it will be a completely different combination. Specifically, it can tolerate all kinds of sprinkles, so feel free to take your imagination and combine hazelnuts, nuts, pistachios with some dried fruits…
You can find more about carob as well as a quick recipe for vegan raw carob pudding here , followed by a cake recipe.
Quantities are sufficient for a mold measuring 30 x 24 centimeters.
For a biscuit:
- 200 g of ground carob,
- 150 g wheat flour,
- 3 apples,
- 80 g sugar,
- 50 ml of oil, (can sunflower or coconut),
- 20 g of cocoa,
- 25 g chia seeds,
- 450 ml of oat milk,
- 1 baking powder ,
- ¼ teaspoons of baking soda ,
- ½ teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- 200 g dark chocolate,
- 60 g almonds,
- 1 tablespoon goji berry,
- 1 tablespoon of coconut leaves.
- Take 200 ml of the total amount of milk and soak the chia seeds for about twenty minutes, during which time peel and grate the apples and sprinkle sugar on them.
- Stir in dry ingredients; ground carob, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, stir in the oil, milk and apple cider vinegar and add the soaked chia seeds and mix well.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, quickly mix by hand to blend all the mixture together, add grated apples, stir and pour into baking sheet previously coated with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 25 to 30 minutes. Depending on the oven. The biscuit should be juicy but well baked.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle with a still warm biscuit and sprinkle with chopped almonds, goji berries and coconut leaves.
- The cake is finest when served well chilled, then all its flavors and aromas are felt, and will remain delicious and juicy for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.