Honey is one of the oldest food known to man, haven being in existence for a few centuries. It is loved for both it’s medicinal and food properties.
Honey is rich in antioxidants and nutrients like maltose, sucrose, glucose, fructose, and vitamins.
It is a better alternative to white sugar any day, anytime as the later contains mostly empty calories. Also, the darker the honey you consume, the richer and higher in nutrients it is.
It is produced by bees which go about collecting nectars from flowers around. This also determines the flavour the honey will have as each flower type produces it’s own flavour.
Here are Twenty Amazin Health Benefits of Eating Honey
1. Honey has very strong healing properties due to its antibacterial, anti fungal, and antioxidant properties. It is especially effective in healing or bringing relief from superficial burn wounds, wounds, skin irritations, and infections.
2. Honey has been known to boost athletic performance time and time again, especially when taken alongside dried figs.
3. Honey has also been known to soothe and heal sore throats, cough, and cold. To get the best of its healing properties, mix a teaspoon of honey and another of fresh lemon juice in a glass of warm water and drink as often as possible.
You should know though that buckwheat honey offers the best results.
4. Manuka honey, when taken regular has been reported to boost the immune system so you should substitute this for white sugar.
5. Manuka honey also fights infection and promotes quick tissue healing.
6.You should also take honey to reduce scarring and inflammation.
7.Honey is also effective in treating health complications like indigestion, ulcer, gastrointestinal disorders, and diarrhea.
8.Honey is amazing for clearing hangovers. Dilute a teaspoon in a glass of warm water and drink for fast relied.
9. Honey eliminates insomnia. Mix a teaspoon of it in a glass of warm milk or chamomile tea and drink to clear sleeplessness.
10. Lastly, research has shown that honey is great in warding off cancer as it contains carginogen-preventing properties.
Some Important Facts You Should Know About Honey
– Children under 12 months shouldn’t take honey as it could lead to bolutism.
– Taking honey when experiencing diarrhea is great as it boosts your body’s ability to absorb more water and potassium, two important ingredients needed when experiencing diarrhea.
– Honey also cures health conditions like bad breath, stress, teething pain in older children and adults, hiccups, vomiting, bed wetting, and weakness.
– Some good examples of honey include manuka, buckwheat, linden, eucalyptus, acacia, clover, sourwood, rosemary, lavender, sage, and dandelion.
– Honey never goes bad, especially when sealed in an air-tight container.
– Not all honey are made by bees as some wasp have also been known to produce honey.
– You can produce honey of your own by keeping a beehive kit in your backyard.
– Honey was once held and exchanged as a currency in Germany during the 11th century.
– There are over 20,000 species of bees, but only 7 of these produce honey.