The most beautiful and biggest park in Belgrade, is also the most important cultural and historical complex, in which the Belgrade fortress above the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers. Name Kalemegdan refers only to the spacious plateau surrounding the Fortress, which in the eighties of the 19th century converted into a park. Plato, while the Fortress was the main military stronghold of Belgrade, used to observe the enemy and wait for the fight; because its name derives from the Turkish words “kale” – city, it is a fortress and “duel” – field. The Turks called Kalemegdan Fikir-bajir which means “hill of thinking” .Preuređivanje the park began after the surrender of the fortress to the Serbs (1867), on the orders of Prince Mihailo Obrenovic. Conceptual sketches for the layout of Kalemegdan made the first Serbian urbanist Emilian Josimović. Green took place between 1873 and 1875.