in

Love ItLove It

Chicago: Lincoln Hand Laundry

The building housing the Lincoln Hand Laundry was built in 1911 at 5437 North Broadway Avenue. (At the time the street was still known as Evanston Avenue.)

The original facade of the building as it was revealed after the Pepitone’s fire.

Photo © 2013 Gary J. Sibio. All rights reserved.

After the Lincoln Hand Laundry, it housed the North Side Cleaners. It was also the location of Pepitone’s, an Italian restaurant that was destroyed by a fire on 07 May 2008. The building sat unused for several years after the fire and, later, completely renovated. When the Pepitone’s facade was removed, the forgotten Lincoln Hand Laundry sign was revealed. As part of the renovation, the North Side Cleaners ghost sign was removed.

The ghost sign on the south wall of the building. The ghost sign was removed during the renovation process.

Photo © 2013 Gary J. Sibio. All rights reserved.

The building during the renovation process in 2014.

Photo © 2014 Gary J. Sibio. All rights reserved.

Report

What do you think?

15 points
Legend

Written by Gary J Sibio

Years Of MembershipStory MakerImage MakerQuiz MakerUp/Down VoterList MakerEmoji AddictVerified UserContent Author

10 Comments

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply