It is important to register your Guinea pig with a vet and take them along for annual health checks, and also to know when your Guinea pig needs to see a vet. You need to check vet if your guinea pig:
- has severe diarrhea, or diarrhea has continued for more than 24 hours.
- any type of fits, seizures or unconsciousness needs a veterinary visit.
- refuses to eat for any length of time.
- breathing noisily or appears to be having problems breathing.
- losing weight and condition quickly.
- developing lumps, bumps or any other unusual areas on their bodies.