The Sinaia Monaster /Mănăstirea Sinaia/.
The monastery of Sinaia is an Orthodox monastery in Romania.
It was built in 1690-1695 by the Romanian nobleman Mihai Cantacuzino after his pilgrimage trip to the Saint Catherine Monastery on the Sinai Peninsula and was named after the name of the peninsula.
Subsequently, the city that emerges around the monastery begins to be called Sinaia.
At the founding of the monastery a monastic corps and church /now called the “old church”/ were built.
The new church of the monastery was built in 1842 – 1846.