An Interrail Pass is a train ticket that allows the European residents to know other cultures by doing an unlimited rail travel in and between all of 30 participating countries for a certain period of time.
- Unlike traveling by plane you don’t need to check-in nor passport, x-ray control and your luggage can be huge (it will cost the same);
- The train arrives in the city center so you don’t have to travel there;
- Flexibility in terms of the places you go, the trains you take, how much time you spend on each city, the monuments you want to visit and the day you leave one country and go to another;
- The fact that you are traveling in regular trains, where you can meet people from that country, enables you to expand your knowledge about different cultures and their costumes;
- You can also sleep on a hostel, where you can meet other travelers (knowing that you share the room, kitchen and bathroom with them) that can help you decide what country should you go next;
- Don’t take too much luggage with you maybe you think you will need to take everything with you in you backpack, but the truth is that the backpack you are packing will need to be charged for you everywhere and later you will want to have put less stuff on it.
- Consider your budget realistically when you go traveling, you end up spending a lot more money than you thought you were going to spend, so prioritise food and place to sleep.
- Be selective with your company if you’re gonna take a trip with someone, it’s very important to get along with that person, because the truth is that you’ll spend every minute of the day with him/her and if you have some disagreement, the trip can be ruined, so try to choose a good person to travel with you. If you don’t know nobody like that, just go to adventuring alone!
- Always book accommodation in advance of course there are many Hostels where you can stay the night, but especially in those popular countries, the demand for place to sleep can become a preoccupation and a loss of time, so try to schedule the hostel as early as you can.
An Interrail seems so much fun and if you like knowing new people and new cultures, try it!