Last season, seven of the ten teams in the Big East Conference participated in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament last season. Although the depth will be difficult to repeat this season, the teams up top will continue to be very strong. Let’s take a look at the Big East Conference.
1. Villanova. No other team has figured out how to knock Villanova from the top of the Big East Conference since the conference was restructured a few years ago. PG Jalen Brunson now runs the show for the Wildcats.
2. Xavier. The Musketeers have just about every key player back from an Elite Eight run last season.
3. Seton Hall. The Pirates return all five starters back from a team that put the program back into the NCAA Tournament last season.
4. Creighton. The Bluejays could possibly have the best duo in the conference in Marcus Foster and Khyri Thomas.
<a href="https://pixabay.com/en/basketball-ball-ball-game-basket-2724391/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
5. Providence. The Friars will look to build off of last season’s momentum after winning their last six regular season conference games. Their depth is their biggest asset.
6. St. John’s. The guard play on this team with Marcus LoVett and Shamorie Ponds is rather outstanding to watch. Frontcourt help is needed.
7. Butler. A change in coaching will cause the Bulldogs to fall back a little this season.
8. Marquette. There are plenty of guards on this team, but where is the frontcourt?
9. Georgetown. With a look towards the future, the Hoyas hired Patrick Ewing as coach. Having Ewing become the coach will give the Hoyas more of a recruiting advantage down the road.
10. DePaul. DePaul is about a year away from moving out of the Big East basement.
Source: Street & Smith.