Sunday, January 5, 2020
While browsing on my Facebook page, a post noted this year’s 77th annual Golden Globes will serve only vegan food. Then, it added it is on Sunday. I thought to myself that is today. Oh, cool, I want to check it out. It will be on NBC at 5 pm, Pacific Time Zone. The last-minute vegan menu was created to “raise environmental awareness about food consumption and waste.” Moreover, “the HFPA partnered with Icelandic Glacial to eliminate single-use plastic and utilize glass water bottles.”
1300 guests at this year’s Golden Globes will be served a 3-course vegan meal, created by Executive Chef Matthew Morgan at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Moreover, the main course will be mushroom scallops with wild mushroom risotto, roasted baby purple and green Brussel sprouts, and carrots. The dessert will be a vegan opera dome with praline gunaja crumble and caramelized hazelnuts.
This year’s Golden Globes will be comprised of 25 categories.
Celebrities will drink Moet & Chandon champagne as well as Moet Golden Hour cocktail. This cocktail drink was designed by fashion designer LaQuan Smith.
Ricky Gervais will host the 77th Annual Golden Globes on NBC, which will air on Sunday, January 5, 2020.
The People Magazine site provided two of the vegan recipes—Golden Beet Soup and Moet Golden Hour Cocktail.
Golden Beet Soup ingredients include:
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 ½ lbs. golden beets, peeled and chopped into 1/2-in. pieces (6 cups), green tops reserved
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped (2 cups)
2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (1 1/2 cups)
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
½ cup dry white wine
1 (48-oz.) container vegetable stock
1 cup water
1 tsp. orange zest plus ½ cup fresh juice (from 2 oranges)
1½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup chopped roasted salted pistachios
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add beets, onion and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to caramelize, 15 to 18 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, for 1 minute. Add wine, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from bottom. Add stock and water. bring to a boil over medium; reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook until beets are very tender, about 1 hour. Remove from heat; let cool 20 minutes.
2. Puree cooled soup in a blender until smooth; water can be added for desired consistency. Return puree to pot. Stir in orange zest, juice and salt. Chill 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
3. Thinly slice beet green tops. Ladle soup into bowls, and sprinkle with greens and pistachios. Drizzle with more olive oil, if desired.
This recipe should take 40 minutes to cook.
The Moët Golden Hour Cocktail ingredients include:
1 cup ice
¾ oz. grapefruit vodka
1 oz. fresh pineapple juice
⅓ oz. simple syrup
1½ oz. chilled champagne
Fresh pineapple chunk
Pinch of smoked salt
1. Fill a shaker with ice, grapefruit vodka, pineapple juice and simple syrup. Shake and strain into a coupe glass.
2. Top with champagne. Garnish with a fresh pineapple chunk sprinkled with a pinch of smoked salt.